- Lack of sleep. Though BB slept through the night last night for the first time–he went to bed at about 10 and didn’t wake up until 5. Except for that may not be completely accurate because I don’t always remember what happens at night very well.
- Crying. BB is not always a happy camper. He can get really fussy. And he can get fussy for no reason whatsoever.
- You can’t do much. Sometimes, I just have to hold him. A lot. He likes to be with his mommy.
- Boredom. Babies . . . well, they don’t do much. So sometimes it gets a little boring.
- Hormones. After having a baby, your hormone levels drop and emotions can get difficult to deal with.
- Breastfeeding. It’s not all bad, but sometimes I am doing it all the time.
- Bodily fluids. They get all over–spit-up, poop, etc.
The stuff that makes the hard stuff worth it:
- Cuddles. I love cuddles with babies.
- Smiles. BB is just starting to get happy looks, and I love those so much.
- Smells. I love the smell of babies. It makes me happy.
- Breastfeeding. Yes, it’s hard, but it’s also really cool (if somewhat odd) to produce milk and be able to feed your baby.
- Tubs. BB loves his tubs. It immediately calms him down. They are good moments.
- Other people admiring the baby. I love when people admire my kids. It makes me proud. They’re pretty awesome.
- MM being a good big sister. Sometimes she is too rough, but she really does love her little brother. When she wakes up, she likes to know where he’s at. And we were praying the other day, and I said thank you for mommy and thank you for daddy, and MM reminded me that I had forgotten BB.
- Growing. BB grows and grows and grows. It’s amazing.
- Cute baby moments. Like when BB has his arms all spread out to sleep. Or when he makes a happy sound. Or when he gets a funny expression, like raising one eyebrow.
- Love. I miss him when I’m away from him for a little while (which doesn’t happen that often). I love BB so very much.
I have to say, I feel sort of awkward with babies sometimes. But they grow up quickly.