You know, I used to have these dreams of having this hugely successful blog. But it’s not going to happen. I finally feel like I’ve just found this good place where I mostly just blog to update friends and family with what is going on in my life. That’s what my blog has always been, really. I just have accepted it.
So I took zero pictures during Thanksgiving. Yup. I’m awesome like that. I brought my camera and I never got it out. I was so busy enjoying myself I didn’t really want to take pictures, really.
We traveled out to Utah. I mostly spent time with my family, but I also go to visit a few friends while I was there. It all just made me so deliciously happy. Highlights:
- Watching my brother Daniel’s play at his high school. They did Shrek (the musical) and we brought MM. She sat through the whole thing but she was very concerned when the princess was not on stage. She just wanted to see Fiona the whole time. And then at the end she said that Fiona got a dirty nose (because she turned green and her nose got big).
- MM loves her Grandpa Ray. The whole way three, she just wanted to get to Grandpa Ray’s house. And then when he wasn’t home when we did finally got there, she was concerned. When he came home from work, she ran to him and gave him the biggest hug. And she did again when she woke up the next morning, totally ignoring everyone else. She just wanted to play with Grandpa Ray all the time. She loves her other grandparents very much too. But Grandpa Ray is very special to her.
- I got to spend two nights at my sister Liz’s new house. She has a pretty nice house and it was fun to stay with her. On Thanksgiving, all my siblings came and we did a decathlon that turned into an octathalon (basketball, limbo, stretching, balancing, running, speed-walking, football throw, and standing long jump). I am not that athletic, okay? I have other skills.
- I visited with some friends (Laura, Esther) while I was there and it was so good to see them. I miss that I don’t get to see certain people very much anymore, but I’m glad I can visit with them on occasion.
- After spending time with my family, we went to visit Dillon’s family since his sister Heide is in Utah right now. It was really good to see them, though I was sort of tired out from all the traveling.
So that is just what came to me off the top of my head and I know I’m forgetting significant events that happened (like putting dog booties on my dog since he had licked his paw raw), but that’s fine with me.
Some pictures. These are sort of old (such as before Thanksgiving). And maybe you are sick at looking at pictures of my kids because that’s about the only pictures I have taken lately. But I still think they are cute anyway.
I love his ears so very much. And his smile.
So MM and I ended up in matching outfits to go to church and I took pictures to commemorate the moment. My dress and her dress both came from the Family Dollar, because we’re awesome like that.
The exersaucer is BB’s Christmas present but he got it a bit early. He has been a sort of difficult baby but I wonder sometimes if it’s purely because I haven’t been that good at putting him down for naps. Today I put him down at 9:00 and he slept until 11:30. And then I put him down again this afternoon and he’s been asleep for an hour and a half. In his crib. Without much crying. It has been a revelation that he can actually put himself to sleep just fine. I feel better about life when I get some time alone.