These were some of the goals I did last year and my status on them.
Bright pink = completed. Light pink = sort of completed.
- Visit Nevada state parks (Lake Tahoe, Valley of Fire, more). We did visit Lake Tahoe, Ward Charcoal Ovens, Cave Lake, and Fort Churchill. We want to go to Valley of Fire in 2014.
- Attend temple monthly. I did some months, but not all. So partially complete.
- Weekly date nights with husband (we’ve never been very good at dating). We’re still not very good at dating. I did spend good time with him, but this is sort of a fail.
- Invite person over once a month. I did invite a lot of people over and visited with a lot of friends. I don’t know if it was quite once a month, but I feel good about this.
- Learn to canoe. Nope. Canoeing and having a baby did not go well together.
- Focus on being a mom. I did okay at this, but not as well as I could have or I would have liked to.
- Read the Doctrine and Covenants. I did not finish, but I feel okay with that. Sometimes slow is just fine.
- Read the Book of Mormon. Did not finish, but I did read a lot of it.
- Serve daily and often. I feel pretty good about this.
- Find writing group. I did stay in contact with a lot of writing friends and made some new ones. And did a writing challenge thanks to Q, so this was good.
- Volunteer at library, if possible. Nope. I didn’t do this at all, nor did I really want to.
- Join church sewing/crocheting/etc. group. I did this! I stopped going after BB was born, but I went for quite a few months.
- Make headboard for bedroom. I did this too, though I want to redo it.
- Garden. I tried to garden. All I got was some basil, which I used once. But I tried and that’s good enough for me.
- Functional yard. Sure. I still have a lot of sand, but it’s functional enough.
- Remove wallpaper in kitchen. Completed.
- Add stories to family history website and transcribe. Did some, but not a lot.
- Finish family tree for my mom’s basement. Completed.
- Blog regularly. Completed.
- New draft new novel. Nope.
- Superhero wife novel in good place. It’s sort of there.
- Finish Jake, final draft (ish). Abandoned.
- Read 52 books. Almost there. I just need to read a lot the next few days and I’ll get it.
- Write Grandma Jane’s history. Completed.
Out of 24 goals, I did or partially did 16. So the majority of them, and I’m good with that.
In the next few days, I’ll be posting an overview of my 2013 and my goals for 2014. Stay tuned. Unless you don’t really care, which is just fine with me.