2013 was about the hardest year of my life. But that’s not a bad thing, really.
Some highlights and accomplishments (in no particular order):
- Dillon went to police academy (and graduated), leaving me home four or five days a week alone with MM.
- I gave birth (naturally) to a 9 lb 9 oz baby boy. I am still ridiculously proud of that.
- I fought with a roller coaster of emotions throughout the year but I finally feel like I’m in a pretty good place with all of it.
- Went to Utah in March, August, September, October, and November.
- Finished writing my Grandma Jane’s history.
- I attempted to garden and failed.
- I exercised better throughout the year than I have for a long time.
- MM is now talking really well.
- I decorated my house, including getting a new house, a new bed, etc., and a lot of projects like a headboard, frames/pictures throughout the house, and painting the main part of my house.
- I served as second counselor in the primary presidency at church.
- I made whole lot of friends/improved friendships–some online, most of them where I live now. I feel like I connected with people better this year.
- I published some articles on Family Share and one on ksl.com.
- I finished a new good, complete draft of my Superhero Wife novel.
- I found a writing group/more writing friends.
- I read 52 books (sort of. Two were partial. I’ll finish them soon).
- My husband continued working as a park ranger in Nevada.
- We adopted a dog.
- I got a piano.
Some recent pictures: