We are moving in not very long.
Things I will miss:
- The friends I have made here.
- A big, circular driveway for the kids to ride their bikes on.
- Lizards, rabbits, owls, birds, and other wildlife.
- It’s always quiet here.
- I can see the stars at night.
- Having a stable, permanent job with free housing.
- A small library with a good selection and a friendly librarian.
Things I will not miss:
- My yard. Particularly, not having any grass in my yard. Prickly things everywhere, so the kids always have to wear shoes and sometimes get injured. The sand and everything else that gets tracked into my house.
- The ugly, worn, cheap finishes of my house. And a kitchen sink that still leaks even though they have attempted to fix it four times.
- Weird people and trash all over.
- High desert. Sometimes I have referred to where I live as the ugliest place on earth, particularly in the winter when everything is gray.
- Being far away from stores, restaurants, neighbors, everything.
- Not a lot of people my age around, and not a lot of other children for my kids to play with.
Overall, I am excited for a new adventure. Even though I don’t know what that adventure will be. My husband is job searching and something will work out.
Home isn’t really a specific place for me. It’s just wherever my kids and my husband are.